2024 Show: TBA
Ages: Entering 6th through entering 9th grade
Director: Kim Scherrer
Pre-Camp Rehearsals: Vocal rehearsals will be scheduled on Saturdays or Sundays in May. A schedule will be provided after auditions.
Camp Dates: June 4, 2023: 1pm-8pm
June 5-9, 2023: 9am-6pm
Show Dates: Friday, June 9, 2023 @ 4pm & 7pm
Saturday, June 10, 2023 @ 11am
Audition Dates: April 6-7-8, 2023. A link to sign up for an audition slot will be sent after you register for the camp.
All students will be cast in the show.
Auditions, Rehearsals and Performances for EMA’s Middle School Summer Musical are held at First Congregational Church of Crystal Lake, 461 Pierson St. Crystal Lake, IL 60014.
Casting and Auditions
Once you have registered for the camp, you will receive an email with a link to sign up for an audition time. All students will be cast in the show.
Auditions consist of singing a song of your choice, a brief optional monologue (see sheet) and doing a dance audition in a group. A link to a practice dance video will be sent to you when you register.
What to prepare for your audition:
- Prepare a one minute song from Newsies or a similar style song. Memorization is encouraged.
- There will be a group dance audition-a video will be sent for students to practice with.
- Prepare an optional monologue from the sheet provided (see sheet.) Students should choose one paragraph to dramatize if they would like to be considered for a more involved role in the show. Memorization is encouraged.
- Students should demonstrate their acting ability through their song, dance and optional monologue.
- Directors will have a bluetooth speaker and students are encouraged to find an accompaniment track on their phone with which they can sing along.
- Callbacks will be used if necessary. Students do not need to prepare anything for the callback.
- Dress in comfortable clothes and shoes (no flip flops or sandals) because you will review and perform the dance audition in a small group during your audition time.
Do you offer Tuition Assistance?
Yes, need-based financial aid is available to all families and individuals. We believe that music is an integral part of everyone’s life. Read our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement.