Join us this Summer 2022!
Auditions are competitive and open to band students entering 9th-12th grade and recently graduated seniors.
What is the cost to join EWS?
Summer Tuition is $100. Tuition covers 70% of the total cost to run the program. Donations, grants and ticket sales cover the rest. Extensive financial aid is available. Our goal is to make this summer program as accessible for all as possible.
2022 Performances TBA
Frequently Asked Questions
Due to precautions surrounding the pandemic. Auditions will be virtual this year.
Audition Requirements (see details below):
One continuous video with the following items in the order below:
1. All 12 major scales, multiple octaves preferred but not required
2. Chromatic Scale – demonstrating the student’s full range
3. Etude #1
4. Etude #2
Recording Directions and Submission Details:
- Video auditions do not need to be professional quality.
- Smartphones and similar recording devices are acceptable and encouraged.
- Stand facing the camera and at an appropriate distance from the recording device.
- Face and full instrument must be visible.
- Record your audition in the sequence listed above.
- Record all 12 scales in one take.
- Any editing of videos is not permitted.
- Put all four videos into one continuous video.
- No acoustic manipulation or audio filters.
- Upload your video to YouTube and set the visibility to “unlisted” (not public or private).
- Name the video with the last and first names followed by instrument. For example: Smith_John_oboe
- Paste the YouTube URL short link in the audition form and submit both the video and audition form by Friday, April 9th at midnight.
2021 – Friday, April 9th by midnight
Complete this audition form with your YouTube Link to your video
2021 Monday, April 12th by 7pm
2021 Rehearsal Days/Times:
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
6:30pm – 8:30pm
July 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22
2022 schedule TBA
Rehearsals will be held at First Congregational Church of Crystal Lake, 461 Pierson St. Crystal Lake, IL 60014.
Yes, need-based financial aid is available to all families and individuals. We believe that music is an integral part of everyone’s life. Read our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement.