Mission and Vision
Encore’s mission is to cultivate the innate musical abilities within each individual. We seek to provide a welcoming and nurturing environment to all who learn and teach here.
Encore Music Academy believes music is extraordinary. Music can empower change, inspire hope and build community. All people, all ages, and all abilities can experience the life-changing power of music.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
We at Encore Music Academy (EMA) dedicate ourselves to creating a welcoming environment. That commitment is inseparable from our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Central to our mission is that all abilities, all ages, and all people have full opportunity to thrive. We know diversity is key to individual growth and music education excellence. Our community is stronger when the voices of all people come together without fear.
EMA expects that all relationships among persons in EMA will be professional. We work to build a community free of bias, prejudice, discrimination and harassment. It is the policy of EMA to ensure equal opportunity. EMA does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
Our Core Values
- Be respected, welcomed and valued as an individual
- Participate in programs that are open to all and celebrate diversity
- Develop individual musical skills in a fun, encouraging, educational environment
- Learn and explore music, languages and history from many cultures and traditions
- Perform music of the highest quality, which is challenging and exciting to learn
- Perform in concerts, tours and festivals
Top 10 Reasons People Choose to Make Music at Encore
- Fun, rewarding and challenging music
- Life-long friendships
- Professional, compassionate teachers
- Outstanding performing groups
- Exceptional customer service and student retention
- Robust financial aid program for families and individuals
- Local, community-oriented and focused on serving McHenry County
- Breadth of programming that allow for all abilities to excel
- Welcoming, positive environment
- Community outreach through free concerts and events